Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Going to the Vet

Last Saturday I took Henry to the vet. Nothing major, just his regular check up and booster shot. I find him to be very interesting. I can never go to the vet by myself. He just can not go into his crate and in a moving vehicle. He has no problem with being in the crate...as long as it's not moving. So, I always have to carry him. This was easier when he was a kitten, but now he's all grown up, and I can't hold him and drive at the same time. So my solution is to have someone else go with me.

For this visit I took my friend. She had just got a new puppy. Her puppy's name is Coco. She is a chihuahua pug mix. She is very sweet and tiny. She is only 7 weeks old, well now she's 8 weeks old. So,my friend called me to ask when she should get her first shots and I told her that it was time, and that she should go with me. For those of you who don't know, it's crucial for puppies to get all there shots so that they don't get sick. You especially have to be careful with them getting Parvo. If your puppy gets Parvo, he/she only has a 20% chance of surviving. Just to let you all know, there is no cure for Parvo.

The visit went well. Both Henry and Coco did well. Coco was asleep most of the time, and Henry is fine as long as he's not in the car. I really like the vet I go to. I've always had a good experience. Here are two good vet places that I've gone to. Pico Rivera Animal Hospital, and North Figueroa Animal Hospital. Both of these places are not close to me, but I'm willing to drive. Although, North Figueroa does take a long time. This is why I usually go to the Pico Rivera animal Hospital. I should really find a vet closer to me.

Here's a link on vaccination recommendations, it tells you when a puppy should get them and what exactly they are being vaccinated for.

Here's a picture of Coco, on her first visit to the vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment