Wednesday, April 21, 2010

April 21, 2010

Today, I set up my blog account. I've decided to blog about something really important in my life. My Pets! My pets are a huge part of my life, and define a bit of who I am. I couldn't imagine what my life would have been without them. This includes all my past and present pets. Presently, I have a black Chihuahua named Alexander, a grey Tabby Cat named Henry, a grey Chinchilla named George, two love birds and seven cockatiels.


This is Alexander. I got Alexander in February of 2008. I had a white Pomeranian named Osiris before him. Osiris was stolen on February 16, of 2008. I would go to shelters to search for him everyday. One of those days I decided to go into the clinic area of the shelter and Alexander was there. I wasn't searching for a new pet, but we had a n instant connection. Alexander was only four months old. He was in the clinic area because he had a broken leg. After seeing him I couldn't leave him there. I inquired about him and found out that he had already been at the shelter before. They took him and returned him with a broken leg. It broke my heart. It was meant for me to take him home. Plus it was my birthday. I figured, that when I found Osiris he would have a new brother. Unfortunately, I never did find Osiris. I still miss him very much. :0(



This is Henry. Henry also came to me in an interesting way. It was an unusual day in July of 2008. I was at Sea World and on my way back home, it was raining and there was thunder. I didn't think much of it. The next morning my mom told me that a cat had gotten into our garage and she couldn't get it out. I never had a cat before and imagined a big cat hissing and was worried that I was going to get scratched. I decided to see what I could do to get this cat out of our garage. My mom said that he had gone behind some boxes and couldn't get him out. I slowly and cautiously moved the boxes and to my surprise, there he was. He was a small, frightened kitten. I thought to myself, poor little guy. He's more afraid of me. I quickly went to get some turkey and ham to lure him out. He was so sweet and came to me. Once I got him out, I gave him more food, some milk, and some water. I decided at that moment that I wanted to keep him. I never had a cat before, but I figured that he was sent to me. I later learned that he was only three months old at the time.


Finally, this is George. George will be 5 years old in May. I use to have two chinchillas. the other chinchilla was named Andy. Andy passed away. I got Andy and George from a friend. He realized he didn't have the time to take care of them. I had always wanted a chinchilla. I think they are so cute and interesting. It made sense for me to get them. I was the one who showed my friend what a chinchilla was. Interesting story about George. My friend was going to give the chinchillas to someone else, but then he figured that if I had them, he would still see them. A month after I got them, the girl who wanted to get them had a fire at her house. If she had gotten them, George would not be here today. He was meant to be with me.

So, as you can see I rescued all my pets. They are now in a loving home.

Here are some useful links:
For more information on where you can adopt a pet (This is where I got Alexander from).
Los Angeles County Animal Shelter

This is also a good shelter. Pasadena Humane Society

One more shelter. San Gabriel Valley Humane Society

Remember...always think about adopting a pet first!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment